Balgowlah RSL Memorial Club opened in 1956 and today strives to provide our members and guests with the best quality entertainment and hospitality including dining, gaming and bar facilities as well as regular meeting spaces for our local community at affordable prices, whilst continuing to be a social hub for our community.
Our club has undergone extensive renovations resulting in a new vibrant Wine Room Bar and a la carte Restaurant that regularly features wine tasting nights and ‘sold out’ gourmet wine dinners where award winning winemakers showcase their latest releases to our discerning patrons. We are the only licensed club that showcases these wines, matching them with modern cuisine being served by our experienced and friendly waiters.
Our Executive Chef has 32 years experience in the hospitality industry. He is hands on, creative and passionate about his 4 kitchens and 20 staff. We are now seeking an additional chef to work within our Bayshores Bistro/Café team. Our Bayshores Bistro and Café serve approx. 350 meals per day. We have the favourites on our menu such as fantastic schnitzels and burgers but enhance our menu with amazing mussels, thai beef salad and beautiful grilled fresh fish as seasonal choices.
To be successful in this role, you will have the following skills and qualifications:
• Ability to work autonomously as well as within our team exhibiting excellent team building skills and management with an ability to communicate in a positive and courteous manner at all times within the team
• Strong co-ordination skills which will bring new ideas and energy to our team
• Be focused on producing high quality food and commitment to the provision of excellent service
• Sound practical knowledge of Work Health and Safety
• Flexible with rostering being available to work days, nights and weekends. Our earliest start is 8 am with our latest shift finishing at 9.30pm or before.
• Your qualifications will include formal education (Cert III Commercial Cookery minimum) and training along with 3+ years of experience in a commercial kitchen producing modern Australian cuisine
• Ensuring food storage safety guidelines with HACCP experience
• You must have work rights in Australia and be able to work a 38 hr week.
We offer you
• Above Award rate of pay
• Complimentary Food and Beverages
• Free onsite parking
• Free uniforms
• Opportunity to work with an amazingly talented and committed team
Please complete our application form for further details.