Balgowlah RSL Memorial Club opened in 1956 and today strives to provide our members and guests with the best quality entertainment and hospitality including dining, gaming and bar facilities as well as regular meeting spaces for our local community at affordable prices, whilst continuing to be a social hub for our community.
Our club has undergone extensive renovations resulting in a new vibrant Wine Room Bar and a la carte Restaurant that regularly features wine tasting nights and ‘sold out’ gourmet wine dinners where award winning winemakers showcase their latest releases to our discerning patrons. We are the only licensed club that showcases these wines, matching them with modern cuisine being served by our experienced and friendly waiters.
Our Executive Chef has 32 years experience in the hospitality industry. He is hands on, creative and passionate about his 4 kitchens and 20 staff. We are now seeking an apprentice chef to work within our Bayshores Bistro/Café team and our a la carte Wine Room Restaurant.
To be successful in this role:
• You are already or wish to be enrolled in Certificate III in Commercial Cookery. If you are already undertaking an apprenticeship, you wish to enhance your experience and skills working with our Executive Chef and his diverse team. You are or will be committed to your studies.
• You have a good knowledge of current food trends and have a true passion for food
• Flexible with rostering being available to work days, nights and weekends. Our earliest start is 8 am with our latest shift finishing at 9.30pm or before.
• You have the ability to listen attentively and promptly follow instructions.
• Ensuring food prep and storage safety guidelines with HACCP experience.
• You must have work rights in Australia and be able to work a 38 hr week which will include one day per week at TAFE.
• Self motivated with a strong team mentality.
We offer you
• Award rate of pay
• Complimentary Food and Beverages
• Free onsite parking
• Free uniforms
• Opportunity to work with an amazingly talented and committed team
Please complete our application form for further details.